Today is my dad's birthday. My dad is awesome, and because I live in China I don't get to see him nearly enough. However, he's always available for a skype conversation or chat. Now that I have a daughter, I realize even more so how amazing my relationship with my dad has been my whole life, and how truly blessed I am to have him as my father. He was the kind of dad who got on the floor and played with me and my two brothers. He was always there to be my personal jungle gym to climb on and do flips over, and he's always set a godly example for me and encouraged me in my walk with God. A lot of people give us props for the work that Chris and I do. However, my dad and my mom give and sacrifice of themselves everyday in their town of Louisville, KY. Despite the fact that they could both be retiring and spending their days golfing and shopping, they know that God does not allow us to ever "retire" from his work. My mom is on her third year of serving the women at the women's prison in Lousiville. She tirelessly serves them and guides them to help them turn their lives around. My dad still works a full time (stressfull) job at UPS but also mentors an inner city kid and councils the men who have just gotten out of prison and are living in a half way house. I'm so inspired by my parents' lives, and I hope that I have their passion and commitment when I reach their ages. Happy Birthday dad! I love you!!
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
Shout out to my dad
Today is my dad's birthday. My dad is awesome, and because I live in China I don't get to see him nearly enough. However, he's always available for a skype conversation or chat. Now that I have a daughter, I realize even more so how amazing my relationship with my dad has been my whole life, and how truly blessed I am to have him as my father. He was the kind of dad who got on the floor and played with me and my two brothers. He was always there to be my personal jungle gym to climb on and do flips over, and he's always set a godly example for me and encouraged me in my walk with God. A lot of people give us props for the work that Chris and I do. However, my dad and my mom give and sacrifice of themselves everyday in their town of Louisville, KY. Despite the fact that they could both be retiring and spending their days golfing and shopping, they know that God does not allow us to ever "retire" from his work. My mom is on her third year of serving the women at the women's prison in Lousiville. She tirelessly serves them and guides them to help them turn their lives around. My dad still works a full time (stressfull) job at UPS but also mentors an inner city kid and councils the men who have just gotten out of prison and are living in a half way house. I'm so inspired by my parents' lives, and I hope that I have their passion and commitment when I reach their ages. Happy Birthday dad! I love you!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment