Thursday, February 4, 2010
the road to recovery
When I went to my post natal and wound check up appointment on Monday I was surprised by a bad diagnosis. My incision had become infected and would need to be cleaned every day. I would also need to be treated with iv antibiotics on a daily basis. To clean the wound my doctor opened the top layer of the wound by ripping out the stitches and pulling it apart. Yuck and holy pain!!!!! She then cleaned it and left it open with a bandage so that it could drain. I then had to get an iv port in my left hand for my daily antibiotic doses. It is now Thursday, and this week has been filled with so much exhaustion and emotions I sometimes haven't been able to see straight. Getting poked and prodded, finding the antibiotics weren't working, discussing possibilities of not being able to breast feed because of harmful antibiotics, getting good news that the antibiotics are working, watching Zoe grow and thrive like the perfect little champ that she is..... It has all been so overwhelming- the pain, the lack of sleep, the answered prayers regarding Zoe's passport, Bailey's struggle with having a new sister, being away from my husband.... However through it all God has proven himself faithful again and again. Being reminded in God's Word that he is absolutely sovereign and in control has given me so much peace. My parents have been a tremendous help and encouragement. I could not have gotten through this week without them. Thank you to all of you who have been praying for me. I do see a light at the end of this tunnel. God is faithful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment