Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thankful reflections

It's Thanksgiving here in China. That is, it's Thanksgiving according to the date, but you wouldn't know it by looking outside. I think that in a lot of ways, you could describe me in that way too. Which is sad and wrong. So, as I take time to reflect, I'm thankful for this time of year to not only be reminded of what I truly am thankful for, but also that I get to evaluate my attitude and the state of my heart. Do I show thankfulness throughout the entire year? Am I thankful, and do I count it all joy even when I face trials? Honestly I could answer both yes and no. There are situations where I've failed and situations where I've succeeded. So here's a rundown ( mostly for myself and posterity sake) of a few things, some big, some little, that I'm thankful for during this past year.
- Our precious Zoe Mei joined our family. She is such a blessing and joy each and every day.
-Despite a terrible infection from the cesarian I was able to recover in time to catch our flight back home.
My amazing parents were in Thailand with us, and my mamma got to come back to KM with me for a bit.
- I turned 29. Last year to live it up before I turn 30!!!
-We started Yunnan Hope
-We had an incredible team of students from Grace University come work with us.
-Sue, Katie, and Micah were here!
-We got to go to America!
-I got a sewing machine
These may seem silly and trite, but it's been an amazingly difficult year. There have been many trials and tribulations, broken relationships, and difficulties. But we're still here. And as William Bradford said at the first Thanksgiving Feast in the 1600's, "If not but by God's goodness..." we wouldn't be here.
Happy Thanksgiving!

P.S. My camera was broken a couple of days ago. Hopefully it will be fixed soon, but there probably won't be pictures posted for a while

No comments:

Post a Comment