During my class this morning my teacher commented that I had lost more weight, and my face looked even more gaunt than normal. Normally I would think nothing of such a comment because Chinese people have a tendency to comment very bluntly on one's appearance quite frequently, but I had had several Chinese friends tell me the same thing in the last week. I haven't weighed myself in a while because of mysteriously broken scale. (It shattered!!! thankfully not when I got on it-Ha!) I've been running a lot, but I always run a lot. So I started thinking... then I realized that Zoe has been eating (breast feeding) like crazy since she's been teething and a little sick. Ah ha! She sucked what little I had left right out of me!! So I told my teacher this and immediately was asked if I was drinking the soup. Of course my answer was no so she then proceeded to list several ingredients in this particular soup that I must eat in order for my breast milk to have sufficient nutrition and to be extra white, and so that I will have sufficient nutrition. I didn't know the words she was using so we looked them up in my on-line dictionary- pigs' trotters and dates!!! No wonder I didn't know those words!!! I told her I would NOT eat pigs' trotters to which she replied I only needed to drink the broth that they had cooked in . Ai you.
The second soup recipe consisted of carp, small red beans, and green chinese onion. This one sounded a little more doable so when she asked if she could come make it for me for my class on Thursday, I obliged. During that time I will be teaching her how to make cookies so she can make them for her daughter. My homework tomorrow is to buy some carp and red beans. We'll see how it goes.

No comments:
Post a Comment