Thursday, April 14, 2011

dancing again

Dancing for me comes in waves. I just ride them. My love for dancing and teaching doesn't wane, but I'm content whether I'm doing it or not. I just want it to be meaningful. I had an opportunity to teach hip hop again at the cultural center I've worked with on and off for years, but the money just wasn't worth the time and effort. Time is oh so limited when you are a mama. So I declined. Then an opportunity arrived for much more meaningful teaching. I am now teaching at a place called Eden. It is a shelter for women who are coming out of the sex slave, prison, or prostitution. It is an incredible place, an incredible ministry, and I LOVE teaching those girls. Encouraging them, teaching them to use their bodies in glorifying and uplifting ways. I am truly blessed to be able to teach them.
Another opportunity the Lord has given me is to teach ballet to a sweet American girl who will soon be auditioning for the Shanghai Ballet. She has a strong technical ballet background so she is a pure joy to teach. I rarely get the opportunity to work with dancers that already have training. She is a lovely dancer, and she is a great student!
So yes, I once again am dancing again, and it's great.

1 comment:

  1. So happy for you. I can completely relate to your first few sentences. Ride the wave and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete