My home is a backwards town of 5 million located in the western part of China. My home is not this sprawling city of 9 million that is a hop and a skip away from Hong Kong. My home is a place where I must and do use Chinese everyday to get around. My home is not a place where they assume you can't speak a word of Chinese because you're white. My home is a place where I have local and expat relationships. My home is not a place where the foreign bubble is thick and hard and almost impossible to penetrate.
Have you ever had the rug pulled out from under you? Have you ever felt like you have no legs to stand on?
In this moment I feel completely lonely and lost. I don't even know what country this little boy in my belly is going to be born in. I'll take it one day at a time, but in this moment, it's hard.
Liz, You're home is not in this world... ;-) But as for the place you will soon be living and the country your little precious son will be born in - don't forget He's already there....paving the way for you and putting people in your path that will help you, comfort you and surround you. Changes are HARD, esp at a time of transition in life (like adding a baby). Cling to what is stable and sure - you're relationship with Him and the promises of His word, your supportive husband and your amazing girls. The rest will fall in place, all in good time. Pr for you and your family.
ReplyDelete