Friday, January 12, 2007

Coffee done right

I finally found someone in this city that distributes coffee and other such necessities. I bought a bit of a stockpile for sampling purposes. You just never know when a blizzard might hole you up indoors and cut you off from the world for a few days. Granted it never snows here.... but it's just not a risk I am willing to take. Met with the owner of YunJoy Coffee yesterday and discussed not only what kind of coffee they distribute but also what it takes to do this business in this city. Random fact: Jamaica Blue Mountain coffee costs just over 1,110 RMB ($138.75 USD) a pound. It must give you super powers or something.
Liz is doing well in Beijing although they haven't really started yet. Apparently they are not starting until Saturday officially. Good thing Liz and the others arrived on Wednesday. They always say "better 3 days early then on time."

1 comment:

  1. are you SERIOUS? $140 for a pound of coffee????? That is nuts!!!

    ReplyDelete