Thursday, June 19, 2008

huge blessing!!


Often many frustrations arise when living here because of the inability to buy things that you need/want/ or are just plain accustomed to having. Last summer when I was pregnant with Bailey we were hugely blessed by all the people who carried various baby items over with them on the plane when they came to see us. Be it onesies or parts from the baby swing, each little piece was hand carried with love. Now Bailey is growing up and I'm discovering a whole new set of "items" that she needs that I thought I was unable to get her.... until now. A couple of weeks ago I was biking home from teaching dance class when I discovered China's version of BabiesRus. Granted it doesn't have anywhere near the amount of stuff that BabiesRus has, but it has a lot AND it has stuff that I needed! For example, today I packed Bailey up in the Bjorn and headed to.... I think it's called Chubby Baby or Lucky Baby (they both pretty much mean the same thing here), and proceeded to buy a high chair, baby spoons, bibs, bowls, toys, books, and teething biscuits!! They also have diaper cream (the last tube I had was imported by Amber from Thailand) a baby seat for potty training, and many many other helpful baby supplies. Now this may not seem that exciting for some of you, but believe me, this is HUGE to be able to find this stuff here in our town. It's amazing how Dad blesses us when we're not even expecting it.

No comments:

Post a Comment