Today I'm packing for mine and Bailey's trip back to the USA. Unfortunately Chris can't come as there are just too many responsibilities at the coffee shop right now. This means that I am the sole entertainer/caretaker of sweet Bailey for our three hour flight to Shanghai, thirteen hour flight to Chicago, and then one and a half hour flight to Louisville. Needless to say, it will be a very long trip. I'm trying to gather the most entertaining toys, books, and snacks for her, but there will be some tears on the way i'm sure. I sometimes feel like crying during those long trips and I'm not seven months old! This is not the first time Bailey and I have traveled alone together. She did great on her first trip to the US when she was three months. The trips to and from Thailand have been a breeze....except for one time. We were waiting at the gate to fly back to Kunming from Bangkok. The flight was delayed so we had been waiting quite a long time. I had held off feeding Bailey as long as possible so I could nurse her when the plane was taking off to help her ears with the pressure, but she was getting too hungry. So I started feeding her, and then I realized she was filling her diaper. Right then it was time to load the plane. Suddenly I realized not only had she filled her diaper, but it had also gotten all over my shorts, the chair I was sitting in, and the carpeted floor!!! I somehow managed to pick up all our stuff, rush to the counter, show them the diaper explosion, and ask them to please wait while I went to change her. That was the dirtiest, fastest diaper change ever. I came running out of the bathroom to impatient agents holding the plane for the two of us. However, we made it.
So, whatever happens, I know we'll be fine. I wouldn't give up the opportunity to see family and be in dear Kate's wedding for anything. It is such a blessing to be able to travel. To those of you I'll be seeing in the next few days.... I CAN'T WAIT!! LOVE YOU ALL!
Hey here's the recipe for cashew rice:
ReplyDelete1 medium chopped onion
2 chopped carrots
1 cup rice uncooked
1/4 cup veg. oil
3/4 cup golden raisins
1 & 3/4 cup chicken broth
1/2-1 cup of cashews (to taste)
Saute first 4 ingredients on med-high heat until the rice is a little browned.
Stir in raisins
Add chicken broth and a dash of salt and pepper, bring to a boil.
Cover and simmer on low for about 20 minutes or until all the juices are absorbed by the rice.
Stir in cashews and serve immediately.