Wednesday, May 6, 2009

40 pills of amoxicillin in five days...

chris and some of our staff tryint to get the cats...
Last Thursday Chris's grandparents, Jack and Alice Fitzwilliam, along with his Uncle Steve and a family friend, Roger arrived for a brief stay with us. It was SO GOOD to have them here, and I'm looking forward to when they come back through here for a few more days before they end their Asia tour and head back to the States. I'll post pictures of their visit later....
Amidst the hustle and bustle of having visitors I had the craziest experience that was both painful and painfully funny!!! I won't be offended if you laugh with me or at me.
On Monday I took Bode out for a quick walk to let her go to the bathroom. In our apartment complex we have many stray cats, and I usually avoid them because they're dirty and not very friendly. On this particular walk Bode went to the bushes that she always goes to and suddenly two wild cats come hissing and spitting out of the bushes. There was no warning. They started attacking Bode so I leaned over to pick her up when suddenly the yellow cat jumped up and bit me in the butt!!! Literally! For a split second that cat was hanging from my left butt cheek by its mouth!! When I finally got it off of me the dog had peed all over me because it was terrified, and it was all I could do to keep the cats from attacking me again. I was so shocked. I tried to put Bode down and continue on my walk, but she would have none of it. She would not let me put her down, and she was shaking like a leaf. I finally went back inside and checked out the damage that was quickly becoming quite painful. Sure enough I had four puncture wounds bleeding out. At this point I started to get worried about how nasty these cats are, and how I probably was going to catch some horrible disease. I called Bailey's doctor who quickly prescribed a crazy dosage of antibiotics and cleaning and told me to get the pills ASAP!
So that is why I am on 40 amoxicillin over five days. So far they seem to be working. I haven't come down with any fever and the wounds are healing nicely. However, there is more to this rediculous story...
Chris was not pleased that his wife had been attacked by wild cats so he encouraged me to go to the apartment management to complain. When I talked to them they agreed that the cats are a big problem, but they said there is nothing they can do. Perhaps the cats were attracted to my white skin??? NO JOKE!!! They actually were trying to blame my skin color for the fact that I was attacked!!!! Needless to say they were no help at all. Therefore Chris came home armed with rubber gloves up to his elbows and a kennel. He spent about an hour trying to catch the cats but with no success. (He's still my knight in shining armour!) So now... I have to be so careful where I let Bailey play and Bode pee. Oh the joys of living in China!

No comments:

Post a Comment