Monday, December 7, 2009

31 weeks 6 days and counting...

That's how far along I am in the baking process of this second little girl. This pregnancy has been completely different then my first. Or maybe I just don't remember my pregnancy with Bailey even though it wasn't that long ago :) I realized that aside from announcing my pregnancy I haven't written anything about this baby girl. The second pregnancy is just so different. Did I say that already?
With Bailey I took multiple belly pictures every week. This time. I've taken one photo. ONE! And that was at 30 weeks. With Bailey I exercised the entire pregnancy. With this one I started out in incredible shape from regularly teaching at the dance studio and was actually under weight, but the first trimester was so exhausting it set a bad precedent for exercising throughout the pregnancy. Now I can't find the time or the energy to exercise. Last time I gained 36 pounds total. This time I've already gained 26! Last time I remember having a lot of rib pain and difficulty breathing. This time I have reflux, sciatica pain, Braxton Hicks like crazy, rib pain, and tons of general discomfort. It sounds like I'm complaining, but I'm really more just using this outlet to contemplate the differences! I wouldn't change having this second baby for anything!! Maybe it's the fact that I'm 28 now instead of 26 or that I'm carrying a toddler every where when last time I just sat on the couch. Chris and I still have no idea what we're going to name her. I don't have the nursery ready, and we're leaving in less than a month to go to Thailand!!
Despite the craziness of all this I am so excited to see how my heart overflows with love for another child when I already feel completely full of love for Bailey. I know it will happen, but in this pre-second child position it's hard to imagine. I am also so excited to see Bailey be a big sister to this little girl. Bailey is so fun and precious, I really think she will be wonderful. However, I do think she will have a tough time with the transition. She is SUCH a mamma's girl. It's going to be shocking for her to see me holding and loving on another baby. I am so grateful that my parents will be in Thailand to dote on her while she's getting used to having a sister. I know that she and Chris will be able to have some really special times as well.
Well, she's kicking again reminding that I need to go make dinner and fix my bloody toe that I've been neglecting. Only a mom would walk around in pain for three days without fixing it because there are just other things that need to be done:)
Maybe I'll get around to taking another belly shot soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment