Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas Eve

It's December 24th. According to the calendar it's Christmas Eve, but you wouldn't know it by taking a walking outside. It's in the 60's and the Chinese kids are all in school. Daily tasks go on as usual, and no government offices are closed. This is my fourth Christmas in China, and I'm still not "used" to it. I miss the snow, the Christmas tree lightings, Christmas decorations, and my family. Today I went to the hospital for a final check up before I go to Thailand. I then walked to KFC for a quick lunch before heading to Metro to get some items for our staff Christmas party tomorrow. It was kind of like any other day. Except.... it's not. Christmas is about Jesus no matter where you are. It's about the incredible birth of the son of God as a helpless little baby. It is so meaningful for me to think about this as I prepare for the birth of our second girl. I've been getting out the newborn clothes and they are so small!! New babies are so tiny and helpless and that's what the King of the Universe became for me! I'm grateful for this reminder of God's love. Of his grace and mercy that is new every morning no matter what time of year. So I'm pondering these things in my heart, and trying to teach them to my daughter as she grows up. May you all have a blessed Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment