Sunday, March 28, 2010

30 things to do before i turn 30

My 29th birthday was over shadowed by much more important things going on in my life like having a new baby, coming home after being out of the country for 8 weeks, learning how to deal with an extremely strong willed child, and recovering from a really really bad infection. Now that life has calmed down a bit ( and I mean a very little bit), I've had some time to reflect on my last year to be in the twenties. Ahhh I have to admit I'm a little bit sad that it's my last year in this wonderful decade. So much has happened in these ten short years! Oh how I've changed from that little ballerina who so delicately yet firmly stepped away from the ballet world into the world of academia. And now here I am looking back. I live in Asia, have a wonderful husband, two precious daughters, speak another language ( sort of), own a business, and still feel like I have so much left to accomplish as a wife, daughter of God, mother, and woman. I was reading another blog and was inspired to come up with a list of 30 things to do before I turn 30. I don't know if I'll be able to come up with 30 things let alone accomplish them, but I thought it would be an interesting experiment to try. I'll blog about the process to let you know how it goes. Anyone have any suggestions?
Here's what I have for now in no particular order:
1. Learn to knit-successfully!!! (I've tried a ton of times, but it's never stuck.)
2. Learn how to sew.
3. Buy a sewing machine.
4. Make decent stuff on the sewing machine.
Okay, already feeling overwhelmed, think I'll stop there for now. :)
Maybe I should come up with some smaller goals...

2 comments:

  1. It seems that most of your goals have to do with creating clothes :)

    An ever-practical occupation with two small ones I assume!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great idea, Elizabeth! Some ideas I would have would be to learn more recipes, travel more around the globe, read a record number of books in a year (or a particular book that you keep telling yourself you'll learn to read yet never seem to get around to it).
    Love you!!
    Kate

    ReplyDelete