Monday, March 1, 2010

battle

I never thought I would be battling a two year old. Sure this is no hand to hand combat, but we are in a war of the wills, and gosh darn it, I'm going to win. However, this battle isn't without it's casualties. Tears from both sides, questions about the correct strategy- am I doing the right thing?? The thing about this battle is that I'm fighting it because I am absolutely in love and crazy about my opponent. In fact, I would give my life for her. This is why I have to battle her will because I know it's the best thing for her. But oh is it hard!! Words of wisdom from my wise mother and sister in law Marcia, "This will pass and I will win if I continue to do the right thing." Thanks guys.
I do have a few advantages: I'm bigger and I can drink coffee.

2 comments:

  1. This post is deep, sad, beautiful, profund and funny. I am so impressed with you, Elizabeth and THINKING OF YOU CONSTANTLY! By God's Grace, you will succeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm right there with you, friend! Wow... girls at 2 can be something else, right?

    ReplyDelete