Tuesday, July 12, 2011

in memory...

picture from EC Christmas party at my house 2010
David is top row third from left
Last night right before English Corner I found out that one of our long time participants, a 17 year old boy with the English name David, died last Friday. All we know is that he was by himself riding a motorcycle. There were no cameras on that part of the road so it is unclear if he was hit or if he fell down and was run over. As far as I know David was not a believer. I can remember countless times of sharing the Good News with him at English Corner. I can remember how quiet he was, but also how deep and fun. I remember joking with him (in a serious sort of way) about how he drank and smoked way too much. Oh David, why didn't you believe?! I am so very very sad right now. My heart is so heavy. I just pray that through this maybe more friends at English Corner will be more open to considering the frailty and unpredictability of our lives on this earth and the eternity of what comes after.

No comments:

Post a Comment