Daily I have things that I want to blog about, but I just haven't been doing it. But I really want to remember these days- the struggles, the joys, the experiences, so I'm going to try to be more diligent in my posts.
Quick recap of the last SIX months!!! (yikes!!)
In May we made the decision to apply for a scholarship to send Bailey to an international school here. Our first year of homeschooling together clearly showed me that at this time in our lives and Bailey's, homeschool is not the right situation for her. So, we prayed about it, and asked God to provide for Bailey. We ended up with a 90% scholarship to a great school here! Despite the difficulties, Bailey did learn what she needed to during Kindergarten with mommy and tested into first grade. She began in August, and she loves it!
In June I finally had my vein surgery that I've desperately needed since my pregnancy with Zoe. My vein was so broken it was getting difficult for me to bend my knee, and it was extremely painful. My insurance covered it, praise the Lord, and now I feel like I have a new leg!!
(a nice gross shot of the healing process....notice the little tiny leg photo bombing me)
Over the summer we were in super hot Shenzhen staying cool in the local pools or making trips to HK for our visas. That was a crazy stressful experience because on July 1 all the laws regarding foreigner visas changed. Eventually we got it figured out, but boy are we paying up the wazoo to just have permission to live in this country!!! Along with our visas we also picked up hand, foot, and mouth disease in HK. This was brutal as the kids were itching out of their minds especially at night.
Here are some more fun summer pics:
Happy 4th of July!
Happy Max
Fresh summer produce Yum!
Hong Kong advertisements
Green smoothies make great green mustaches
Fun with mama's makeup
More soon! Promise.



Welcome back!
ReplyDelete