I don't share much about my work with the ladies in the red light district on this blog, but I wanted to share this story because I think it might be encouraging if you feel like nothing you do makes a difference.
One of the ladies I have known for two years now just told me she is pregnant. This friend is 43, already has a 19 year old daughter, is divorced, remarried, and oh yeah, she's a prostitute. According to the culture here in China there is no way that she would not abort this baby. Everything culturally and financially would tell her to abort this baby and not think anything about it. However, when we were visiting with her last week and she told us she was 4 months pregnant she said, "Remember that time you told me that Children are a blessing from God?" I had expressed this to her when they were sharing their chagrin that I have three children. She said, "I remembered this when I found out I was pregnant, and I knew I had to keep this baby, that I couldn't abort it. " WOW. She is worried about being made fun of for keeping the baby, being old, and having a c-section, but she is determined. So, if you think about it, pray for her and her precious baby. I don't know what kind of life this child will have, but at least he will get a chance to live. OH, and what you say really does matter.
No comments:
Post a Comment