Now vets in China are not for the faint of heart. They didn't weigh her, check her temp, or do any sort of examination what so ever before performing this major surgery. They gave her an anesthetic shot while I held her down and proceeded to leave her with me while Bode writhed, vomited, and went under. I had to close her eyes after they rolled back into her head. I kept thinking that they would never let dog owners in the States see this process!!! After a few shakes from the doctor to see if she was out, he picked her up and walked out. An hour later he brought her back and set her on the floor in front of me. No instructions. Nothing. Now Bode is home, minus a few parts, pitifully lying on the floor. Poor thing. I just keep trying to remind myself that this was for her own good.
Wednesday, August 26, 2009
it only took four tries...
Last Friday we began the adventure of trying to get Bode spayed. We didn't know it was going to take so many tries. We took Bode on our scooter- yes our scooter- to the vet. She did pretty well for her first ride. She only jumped off once. Once there we were told that we needed to come back the next day. The doc who does such operations would be there on Saturday.(first try) Saturday came and thankfully I called first. I was told by the doc that he couldn't do it that day, and that I would need to come at 2:00pm on Tuesday. (Second try) On Tuesday I scheduled a babysitter for Bailey and once again Chris and I jumped on the scooter with Bode to go to the vet. When we got there all the doors were closed and a sign on the door said that they were having a meeting, and they wouldn't be open until tomorrow!! (Third try) So today, Wednesday, I called to make sure they were open and was told, "Zuo bu liao." (we can't do it today.) But I had had enough. I told them it had to be done TODAY. They relented. We jumped on the scooter for our fourth try, and this time it happened.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Poor Bode! but so China.
ReplyDelete