wow.wow.wow. They really weren't kidding when they named them the terrible twos. I don't know who "they" are, and I don't know when they named them, but they were dead on. My sweet, adorable, precious little girl has turned into a strong-willed I will cry about everything, I will battle with you about everything (including getting dressed and undressed, sitting, walking, standing, sleeping, eating.... etc), temper tantrum expert! I think back to the days of her infancy and that was a walk in the park!! Add to this time period various sicknesses and running noses, and you've got one not very fun situation. Chris and I have found ourselves looking at each other asking, "What do we do?" We haven't found ourselves in this position since Bailey was about nine weeks old and we were trying to get her to sleep through the night! Speaking of sleeping... that really doesn't happen anymore either.
The thing about this situation is that I know it's normal. Every mom has been through it, and I shouldn't be surprised that it's happening. I just don't want to screw up!! It's so easy to get frustrated and let that start to show in my voice and actions towards Bailey, and I know that that doesn't please God, and it doesn't help Bailey. So if you think about it you can pray that I'll have extraordinary patience and love right now. This will pass, and I don't want to look back and regret how I handled it.
My verse right now: "Brothers, if someone is caught in a sin (Bailey), you who are spiritual(her parents) should restore him gently. But watch yourself (ME), or you also may be tempted."
Gal. 6:1 Amen.
What a powerful verse for your situation. that's awesome.
ReplyDeleteWhat a powerful verse for your situation. that's awesome.
ReplyDeleteWhat a powerful verse for your situation. that's awesome.
ReplyDelete