Wednesday, June 23, 2010

the dreaded jet lag and our first week in the USA

Oh. my. goodness.
This trip back to the USA was the first time we've ever made the trek with a child who wasn't an infant. I had no idea getting over jet lag would be so tough. so tough. Now after being in the States for one week we are still struggling to get the girls to sleep during the night. This is way worse than having a new infant! I've never been this tired in my life.
Okay, enough complaining.
Despite the jet lag we've had some wonderful times so far. We jumped right into things by attending Chris's cousin's wedding. Bailey was an ADORABLE flower girl, and she enjoyed being in the spotlight immensely. After walking down the isle she said, "I want to do that again!" Some of her other quotes from the event were, "I want a hat like that." (referring to Abby's veil) and, "I'm married!".
Zoe continues to be pure joy and smiles. She has had her first rice cereal, and has cut a tooth!
I had to renew my expired license, and much to my dismay, discovered I had to retake the test! My first try I didn't study, and I failed!(I haven't driven in over two years!) I've never failed a test in my life!! So I went home, studied, passed, and passed the driving exam. Whew! It's nice to be able to drive again.
Yesterday, Kate, my dearest friend in the whole world who lives in Scotland, left a vacation with her husband and parents in Florida, to spend one night with us here in Omaha. It was SO GOOD to see her. She is truly a treasure and once in a lifetime friend.
Now, I'm waiting for the laundry to finish (I forgot how awesome it is to do laundry in the States!), and then I'm going to hopefully get some sleep. Ai you. pictures to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment