As you may have read in previous posts, turning 30 was not easy for me, but the Lord in his faithfulness gave me a really special gift- a much needed reality check. On my birthday I was in bed awaiting my "breakfast in bed" when I was informed that Zoe was crying in her room. I went to check on her and discovered a pathetic little heaving sick baby. My sweet pea was sick. Immediately my thoughts turned from my 30 year old self to my poor sick baby girl. She threw up on me all day long. She couldn't keep anything down, and to top it all off, our electricity was out most of the day. There's nothing like a sick baby to get your mind off yourself. As I cuddled and comforted my sick one year old, and played with my vibrant three year old I became so grateful. I am so so blessed. I'm 30 years old!! I have a wonderful husband, two amazing daughters, an adventurous crazy life in China, and most importantly, a Savior who gave his life for me and chose me to know Him. HE gave me life, breath, ability, and everything I have. Thank you God for these 30 years. I am looking forward to many more, but if that is not your plan, I am looking forward to eternity with you!
Also, my husband made me the most amazing three layered chocolate mousse cake from scratch of course!!! He is soooooo talented!! He also made a Valentine dinner for me and the girls complete with hot pink pancakes. It was a wonderful day, and so far, I love being 30!!
No comments:
Post a Comment