Thaipei Gate is one of my most favorite areas in Chiang Mai. This wide open space is full of a bustling market every Sunday that boasts handicrafts and yummy local food. There is a Starbucks, many used book stores that have TONS of great books to read, a Boots Drug Store, and many beautiful shops. I love the Thaipei Gate!On our way to and from our vacation destination we had a one night stopover in Chiang Mai. I love Chiang Mai. Not only is it where I gave birth to both of our children thus living there for significant amounts of time, but the city itself is great. I love the mix of Asian and Western culture with a small town feel. The city is full of back packers with dreads, tatoos, and the loose fitting "asian" clothing that can be purchased at the night market and small shops. I love how the tourists purchase and wear these clothes in droves, but you don't see any locals wearing them. The locals wear the western styles of jeans and t-shirts!!
Another thing I love about Chiang Mai is that is so easy to get around. Rent your own motorcycle or bike or hail a tuk tuk or song tao. It's so easy and cheap. Chiang Mai also has great food. Of course there is the delicious local food, but there's also a huge range of great western food as well which is always a treat for us since there aren't as many of these options where we live. One of our favorite spots is Miguel's. It has wonderful mexican food, and we go there every time we are in Chiang Mai.
Now that I sew I have discovered the fabric market. I can't believe I never went there before!!! It's awesome. I have only begun to discover it's hidden treasures. Next time we go to CM to have a baby watch out!!! (though I won't have my sewing machine, hmmm...)
No comments:
Post a Comment