Sunday, May 22, 2011

moving up in the world...

the line snaking around the building. this picture doesn't show how it snaked in and out like at an amusement park ride.

One of the main reasons I bought a sewing machine and taught myself to sew was that I never shop here. I don't like to haggle over prices, and cute kids clothes are really expensive. When I discovered that I could buy a pdf pattern for a couple of bucks off of etsy for cute kids clothes, I knew I had to become a seamstress. Though I love sewing clothes for my kids and sometimes myself, I still miss the occasional trip to a store to get some t-shirts. Well, now I am in luck. The small city of 6 million that we live in is drastically changing. Last month the first Starbucks opened (boo), and this past week H&M opened (yay!!!). I took a little trip on my scooter to check it out on opening day and was amazed at the long line snaking around the side of building. This was just to get in and shop!!! Needless to say, I went home instead of waiting in line. When I went back today I was pleasantly surprised there was no line to get in, but I did end up waiting 40 minutes in line to use the dressing room!!! However, It was worth it!!! I found a couple of things, and now that I can sew, I can use them as patterns to make some more!!

No comments:

Post a Comment