
It struck me recently that my "normal" here is completely abnormal to people living in the USA. I knew this once upon a time, but now that we're on our seventh year of living in China, this is now my normal so I forget to put up these funny blogs and oddities that my friends and family in the USA might find interesting. As a result I am starting a little series on what we eat for lunch every day at the risk of making all of you lovely readers quite jealous!!!
We have a wonderful Chinese sister who works for us 30 hours a week. One of the great things she does is cook lunch everyday. Can I get a woot woot?!!!! She whips up the most amazing food, and most of the time I love it!
In the photo is zucchini and carrot stir fry and fungus soup. The fungus was gathered by her from the woods in her home town. It was actually my first time to eat fungus soup. It looked odd, but was really quite good!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment