Monday, August 25, 2008

Home renovation #1: Bailey's new room

The almost finished room.... I still have to put up the pictures.
Before shots....














I did it!! Well I should really say "we did it" because my dear friend Amber was a tremendous help to me during this project. I have never painted anything before so I don't have an experience stateside to compare it to, but I have no doubt that if I had been doing this in the States it would have been totally different.
Differences:
#1 They would tell you before you buy the paint that you have to get a darker paint base if you want a darker color. I showed them the color I wanted but they didn't tell me that color was impossible to get from the paint I was buying.
#2 You don't get a refund or discount if you buy the wrong paint
#3 The color code that they put into the computer to get the color of paint that you want is merely a suggestion. It took three times of adding "shen se" (dark color) to get even near the color that I was asking for. I thought that the whole reason they had the color coding soft ware was so that getting the color they advertise and display is an exact science.
#4 Masking tape is not painter's tape.
#5 Masking tape will pull the paint off your walls.
Needless to say, at times it was a bit frustrating and the color is totally different from my original intention, but I love it and Bailey's room looks great. Now on to the next victim... our guest room!

No comments:

Post a Comment