Sunday, January 3, 2010

Ringing in the new year... 2010!!!

When you're in a country where you don't have any friends or family present and your sole companion is a two year old who goes to bed around 7 or 8pm, your New Year's Eve isn't too exciting. I went to bed at 8pm then woke up to the insanity of the fire crackers at midnight. As I lay there hoping Bailey would stay asleep despite the thunderous crashing noises outside, I contemplated 2009 and what the future may hold in 2010.
In all honesty, aside from Bailey growing up way too fast, I am really glad 2009 is over. Chris and I experienced some of the most trying times in our lives. Thankfully periods of fire bring periods of growth, but I am looking forward to a break!! (hopefully!!) 2010 will bring us a precious new little daughter and sister for Bailey. I will be a mother of two, and I will turn 29!! Chris will turn 28, and Lord willing, we will open at least one new Chicago Coffee. We will get our licenses to drive in China, and maybe I might actually use mine:) We will go to the USA for the first time in over two years, and I will get to meet my niece who is already over one year old!
All of these hopes and dreams are exciting, but they are truly nothing compared to what we hope to accomplish for His kingdom. May 2010 be a year of growth, fruit, and joy in the Lord, and the work that He has for us. Happy New Year!!

1 comment:

  1. Liz, Chris, Bailey and little one,

    Happy New Year, I think of you all often and fondly and pray for you all. We hope you are well and thriving. So glad that you have this blog, even though I've not kept in the best touch over the years (it's been SO long since CSP2003 hasn't it) it is exciting to me to be able to check in and see what life is bringing your family!

    Take care,
    Love,
    LeAnn (Wiley) Burton

    ReplyDelete