Bailey and I have been here in Chinag Mai for two weeks. My mom will be here in two days, Chris will be here in 7, my dad in 10 or so, and our new baby girl in 14. Whoa!! It's going to fly by. It's been an interesting two weeks. Time seems to kind of plod on by while I am the SOLE caretaker of Bailey. Everything revolves around her naps and bed times because when she's not sleeping, I'm on duty. Unlike at home where she can play by herself or with Chris, Bode, or Yun Mei, she only has me. Sure she has enjoyed the other children here on the various play grounds, but it's not like I can leave her by herself while I go get stuff done or rest. I've tried to really enjoy this special time together since she is going to be sharing me with a sister in the very near future!! Bailey has been enjoying the new toys, playgrounds, and the pool too, but she has also struggled with this transition. The first week she kept talking about how she wanted to go back home to "Bailey's bed." She misses her Teddy and giant Minnie Mouse that she got for Christmas. Bailey is a social butterfly who is a homebody. Give her lots of people to play with, talk to, and entertain - in her own home- and she's happy. Being away is a little more difficult. One way she's dealing is by refusing to be potty trained anymore. She was potty trained for three months, but now she absolutely refuses to go on the toilet. So despite all the careful planning and preparation, I will have two kids in diapers. I'm hoping that once we're home she'll want to go on her own potty chair again, but there's no guarantee. Another way she is coping is asserting her own will even more strongly than before! This has not been fun and has even brought me to tears a few times. Where did my sweet little girl go, and who is this little incredibly disobedient person pretending to be her? It has been a major lesson for me in patience and consistency.
On a different note, Bailey has progressed in leaps and bounds in her language ability and socialization. She is so good with the other kids and adults, and she's talking up a storm!! Chris isn't going to believe it!
I am doing fine. After a brief but intense scare at my first doctor's appointment, everything seems to be going okay with me and the baby. I was instructed to gain more weight, and try to increase my iron since I'm going to lose a lot of blood. My doctor finally explained to me why I wasn't able to have Bailey naturally last time. It wasn't just because her head was too big, but it was because my pelvis is the wrong shape! Apparently I have the pelvis of a man, narrow and deep instead of wide and round like most women. It is impossible for any baby to get her head in my birth canal. Alas, I will be giving birth to all our children via c-section. How grateful I am that c-sections are an option!!
Aside from going to the zoo, getting ice cream, and taking care of vaccines and doctor's appointments, Bailey and I haven't done too much. I am saving most of the adventures for when daddy and the grandparents get here. I guess that's all for now. Till next time...
Wow, Bailey looks so grown up with that haircut :) Will be thinking about you for a smooth, safe, and healthy delivery. We miss y'all and can't wait to see you, soon!
ReplyDeleteLove,
The Smiths